Men and women can maintain healthy hair from the inside by following a healthy-hair diet. Here are 10 foods that promote healthier hair provided by Web MD.
- Salmon. Foods that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids like salmon support scalp health.
- Dark Green Vegetables. These provide vitamin A and C so your body can produce the natural hair conditioner known as sebum.
- Beans. A great source of protein, beans can assists hair growth.
- Nuts. The omega-3 fatty acids and zinc in nuts help keep your hair from shedding.
- Poultry. Rich protein found in poultry keeps your hair from becoming weak and brittle.
- Eggs. Like poultry, eggs are a leading source of protein.
- Whole Grains. The zinc, iron, and vitamin B found in whole grains promote healthy hair.
- Oysters. These shellfish are a great source of hair-strengthening zinc.
- Low Fat Dairy Products. With plenty of calcium, dairy can be an essential mineral for hair growth.
- Carrots. Vitamin A, which can be found in carrots, is needed for a healthy scalp.
While taking care of your hair from the inside with a healthy-hair diet, you can let Midwest Medical Aesthetics in Leawood, Kansas take care of your hair from the outside. At our full service salon, we can do everything from texturizing and conditioning to styling, coloring and even adding extensions. Make your appointment online today.