We all hear those beauty do’s and don’ts that sometimes just don’t sound right. Now is the time to throw away the hearsay and rid your beauty regimen of any myths that you might be holding onto. We’d like to spotlight an old ABC News article that we think everyone can learn something from. Here are the beauty myths that the news story finally stamps a big true or false on.
- Shaving makes hair grow back thicker and darker – FALSE
- Why: Shaving only trims hairs to the surface having no affect on the hair follicles. Waxing, however, does cause hair to grow back thinner and lighter because it damages the hair follicles over time.
- Sleeping on certain pillows can give you wrinkles – TRUE
- Why: Dermatologists have proven that over time you can develop wrinkles from sleeping on the wrong pillow. To prevent them, invest in a memory foam pillow.
- Sun exposure can clear up acne – FALSE
- Why: While sun exposure can dry out oily skin, it will still make acne worse.
- High heels can cause varicose veins – TRUE
- Why: Unfortunately, doctors have affirmed that wearing high heels can cause pressure in calves that can pop veins.