While enlarged pores can be good for your skin’s moisture balance, they are bad for collecting and trapping blackhead-causing dirt, oil and bacteria. Midwest Medical Aesthetics wants to pass on some valuable information on treating enlarged pores from Daily Glow, a great source for health and beauty tips.
Pores can expand as a result of sun exposure, the aging process and clogging. Here are some skin care steps that Daily Glow suggests for reducing the appearance of your pores and keeping them clear to prevent acne-related problems.
What you can do . . .
- Maintain a strict cleansing regime with a pore-refining product.
- Use mud, clay or exfoliating fruit enzyme masks in between facials.
- Exfoliate with a fine grain store-bought product two to three times a week.
- Apply a prescription-strength topical retinoid medication at night to penetrate clogged pores.
What a licensed aesthetician can do . . .
- A facial offers advanced technology and high-end products that provide a deep cleaning that can’t be achieved at home.
- A microdermabrasion is the most effective way to disinfect and clear pores.
- Acids and peels use the power of chemicals and fruit enzymes to dissolve clog-poring debris.