Need a little encouragement as you’re working toward your New Year’s weight loss goals? We want to share our top 10 ways to lose weight to help you along:
- Eat smaller more frequent meals: not only is your metabolism boosted every time you eat something, your body can more efficiently process smaller meals. Instead of having 3 large meals in a day, try to break them up into 5 or 6 smaller meals.
- Drink more water: regular water intake helps to flush away waste products…and having a glass or 2 of water before you eat can help fill you up.
- Eat more protein: sources of protein include foods such as chicken, fish, eggs, dairy, beans, lean red meats, etc. Your body burns more calories processing protein than either carbohydrates or fats. Protein also helps to support your muscle tissue, which burns calories all day long!
- Walk more: not only will you save on gas, you’ll get your exercise. Instead of driving, walk to the corner store. A 30 minute walk daily will do wonders for your health and you will be surprised at the pounds you can shed. And always take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Don’t let yourself get hungry: when you get hungry you will have a much greater tendency to overeat when you do finally get something to eat. As well, because your body is starting to go into starvation mode, it will be much more likely to hold onto whatever you give it.
Come back Friday to find out the rest of our top 10 ways to lose weight, or sign up to receive blog posts from Midwest Medical Aesthetics sent straight to your inbox.