Men and women can both agree that shaving is a huge nuisance. Not only are high quality razors expensive, but shaving is also time consuming and potentially painful if you nick yourself. Many people wax in order to eliminate hair quickly and for a longer period of time, but waxing is extremely painful and doesn’t last long enough to be truly effectively as long-term hair removal.
If you are looking to maintain silky smooth skin without the hassle, then laser hair removal is your answer. Here’s what you need to know!
- Laser hair removal uses an intense, pulsing beam of light to rid your body of any unwanted hair. The intense heat damages hair follicles and prevents future hair growth.
- This procedure is most effective for light skin with dark hair. Light, fine hair typically needs to be waxed instead.
- The most common areas for waxing are the legs, underarms, upper lip, and bikini line. The only place that a laser cannot treat is around the eyes.
- Laser hair removal comes with very minor risk of side effects. You might experience general discomfort or redness that dissipate after just a few hours. This procedure could also temporarily lighten or darken the skin.
- During the hair removal session you will wear protective goggles and apply a topical anesthetic to reduce discomfort. Your doctor will then use a hand-held laser to your skin which passes light beams through your skin to target hair follicles. The larger the treatment area, the longer the procedure.
- Although hair regrowth does sometimes occur, laser hair removal is typically very effective. Some people schedule up to six total treatments to ensure that the hair will never grow back.
Though you will see lasers available for purchase in stores that can be used at home, they are not as effective and are not certified to the same level of medical safety as your doctor’s lasers. It’s always best to have a medical professional take care of your laser treatments to ensure the highest quality results. Throw all of those old razors away and enjoy your smooth skin!