Massage Therapy…it’s not just an indulgence!
Feeling the stress? Little makes one feel as good as a relaxing massage. It’s a time when you can turn off and escape the stresses of everyday life. And for many, it’s considered to be an indulgence rather than a necessity.
But did you know that massage therapy has health benefits?
Massage is actually considered to be part of a complementary and alternative medicine program. And it’s being offered more often along with standard treatment for a wide range of medical conditions and situations.
Studies of the benefits of massage demonstrate that it is an effective treatment for reducing stress, pain and muscle tension. While more research is needed to confirm the benefits of massage, some studies have found massage may also be helpful for:
- Digestive disorders
- Insomnia related to stress
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Nerve pain
- Soft tissue strains or injuries
- Sports injuries
- Joint pain
Introducing all new Massage Therapy at Midwest Medical!
We are excited to offer Massage Therapy by Li Wang at Midwest Medical!
With a background in Chinese medicine, Li has been trained and nationally certified in both China and the U.S.
Combining both eastern and western modalities, she is an expert at injury rehabilitation and deep relaxation.
- 30-Minute Target Massage: This personalized massage works specific body areas using a variety of techniques to help with soft tissue injuries or sore muscles caused by trauma, sports, repetitive motion and incorrect habitual posture.
Cost: 60 min – $65, 90 min – $90,120 min – $120
- Foot Reflexology: Foot reflexology stimulates the reflex points on the feet that correspond to all parts of the body via a “foot massage”.
Cost: 50 min – $50
- Massage Cupping: An ancient Chinese remedy is now modernized. This unique massage uses negative pressure to gently lift fascia, release rigid soft tissue, loosen adhesions, bring blood flow to stagnant skin and muscles and encourage release of toxins.
Cost: 30 min – $45, 15 min (Add to a massage) $25
She also specializes in:
- Hot Stone Massage – $20
- Sinus Relief – $12
- Hand Wraps – $12
- Foot Wraps – $1
Many people talk themselves out of getting a massage because it’s just a feel-good way to indulge or pamper. To the contrary, massage can be a powerful tool to help you take charge of your health and wellbeing, whether you have a specific health condition or are just looking for another stress reliever.Located inside the Midwest Medical building, you can contact Li by phone today at (816) 213- 5950 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.