The sun can not only be damaging to your skin it can also affect the way it looks with respect to aging, causing wrinkles and brown spots. Now is the time to start thinking about protecting your skin from the sun’s damaging rays.
Here are a few tips from WebMD.com
Protecting your skin:
- Wear hats with wide 4 inch brims that cover your neck, ears, eyes, and scalp.
- Wear Sunglasses with UV ray protection.
- Wear clothing made with sun protective fabric.
Choosing a sunscreen
- Use a sunscreen that has a sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 15 or higher.
- Use lip balm or cream that has SPF of 15 or higher to protect your lips.
- Sunscreen effectiveness is affected by wind, humidity, and altitude so choose a higher SPF
What we do know is that most skin cancer can be prevented. Using the right sun screen may decrease your chances of developing skin cancer and can help prevent wrinkles. So let’s start with prevention.
Prevention: There are lots of very god products available, but the key to success is using products that work for your skin type. Most of us don’t know exactly what skin type we have and that’s why you should always consult with a professional before you start investing in any skin care products. That is if you want to maximize their effectiveness.
Clinical Skin Care Products that actually have “active” ingredients versus over the counter at your local store or make-up counter are ones that work best. Using good products will help prevent problems with your skin.
- Always use make-up that works with the skin and does not sink in and clog pores.
- Always use Sun Screen. A physical sun screen is one that sits on your skin and reflects the light so the light does not penetrate into the skin. Best are ones that are composed of titanium and zinc. Natural mineral make-up has sun screen in it.
p.s. Our Sunscreen products are Awesome!
- Invest in Professional Facials like Microdermabrasions and treatments to stimulate collagen (clinically). These Treatments also remove impurities, exfoliate the skin and stimulate collagen
Did you know that Midwest Medical Has Make-up with Sunscreen Combined.
And to help you along with this process we’re offering a…
Complimentary Skin Analysis & Evaluation
If you’re concerned about preventing sun and skin damage then you’ll want to make an appointment for our Complimentary Skin Evaluation that looks at your skin in 3 different ways using high powered magnification.
You will see every single thing on your skin from sun damage, broken capillaries, clogged pores/blackheads/whiteheads, skin tags and actinic keratosis, brown spots, pore size, rosacea, lines, wrinkles, loss of elasticity.
With this information we can then help formulate a plan to get your skin in the condition you would like. Don’t delay, get the best possible protection from the sun and use products that will help your skin recover its youthful look. So book your Complimentary Skin Evaluation right now, either by replying to this email or calling us at 913-327-7175.