Weight management is a goal that requires strategy and active efforts and should ultimately result in a lifetime of healthy living, not just a month of losing pounds. Jumping into weight loss with the latest crash diet may actually make you gain weight in the long-run, especially if you develop unhealthy habits in the process. From Livestrong.com, here are some helpful tips for approaching weight loss that dispel some of the myths that fad diets create.
- Slight diet changes at the beginning will give you the momentum to successfully make bigger changes later on.
- Avoid lots of juices and beverages (diet or not) that contain empty calories or fake sweeteners. Choose water, the ultimate health promoting liquid.
- Eating low-calorie, nutrient-rich snacks between meals will help you eat smaller portions at mealtimes while boosting your metabolism.
- Balance and moderation is the key, so be careful not to deprive yourself too much. Allowing an occasional sweet treat will help you avoid binging later on.
- Remember to forgive yourself if you slip up. Focus on why you want to lose weight and your success to keep going.
We offer a wide variety of weight loss solutions here at Midwest Medical Associates in Leawood, Kansas including diet programs such as HCG, diet snacks and supplements as well as safe, non-surgical laser liposuction. Visit the MMA website to see our full list of weight loss products and services.
Photo via Livestrong.com