We were surprised by the number of questions we received from our last post about the Dermaroller! There were so many in fact that we decided to answer the most popular questions this week.
1. How quickly can I see results?
You will see results within 2-3 days after treatment. Because micro-needling stimulates natural collagen production at the cellular level, your skin continues looking smoother and firmer up to 8 weeks after treatment.
2. How many treatments do I need?
Depending on the individual skin condition, skin sufficiently resurfaces after 1-3 Medical Dermaroller procedures. To allow skin cell regeneration, you should wait at least 6-8 weeks between procedures.
3.What is the procedure like?
The micro-needling device used looks like a shaving razor with a drum. The drum can differ in widths, and is embedded with up to hundreds of fine micro-needles for penetrating the skin. The entire procedure is all natural and fast:
- We’ll apply a numbing cream on the treatment area.
- Then we’ll roll the micro-needling device across the treatment area, puncturing the skin in a specific pattern.
- As each fine needle punctures the skin, it creates a channel or micro-wound.
- This creates a controlled “injury” on and below the skin’s surface that triggers the body to “fill” these micro-wounds by producing new collagen and elastin, and by stimulating skin cell regeneration.
- You can resume regular activities almost immediately.
4. How many treatments do I need?
Depending on the individual skin condition, skin sufficiently resurfaces after 1-3 Dermaroller procedures. To allow skin cell regeneration, you should wait at least 6-8 weeks between procedures. As aging continues, we recommend one refresher treatment every year.
5. If I use my micro-needling device more frequently will I achieve better results?
No. After every micro-needling procedure, time is required for the body to naturally allow collagen to mature. Performing a procedure any more frequently than every 6-8 weeks is counterproductive and only invites additional trauma and unnecessary costs.
6. Can I achieve the same results if I use a micro-needling device at home?
No. A Dermaroller procedure should be performed by a trained medical professional in order to obtain maximum results. Don’t be deceived into believing that you can get the same results as a trained medical professional by doing it yourself.
7. Can any one perform medical micro-needling?
No. Micro-needling is regarded as a medical procedure because it reaches deep into the dermis. It can cause damage when performed incorrectly. There is more to it than simply needling the skin.
If you’re looking for a cosmetic treatment that works fast and has been proven to reduce wrinkles, scars and stretch marks, just email or call us today at (913) 327-7175 and let us help you face the fall season fabulously!