We’ve all been there: the many unsuccessful trips to the gym, the expensive bills at the health food store and that scale that simply will not budge. So what’s the problem? According to a recent article in Prevention magazine, there may be other factors that are contributing to your weight loss troubles. Here are 5 reasons why you’re losing more faith than weight during your diet.
- You’re not consuming enough calories. There’s a fine line between boosting your metabolism and stunting it.
- You let yourself indulge in a high-calorie treat after you work out as a reward.
- You consume diet drinks because they have no calories, but they are actually raising your insulin levels and causing your body to store calories as fat.
- Your friends are overweight or have bad eating habits which distort your perceptions and increases temptations.
- You’ve completely eliminated carbs and fat resulting in a deficiency of the nutrients that give you energy.